Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shooting Video with the D300s

Over the last two weeks, I have been shooting my first music video with the D300s. I have become a "Director, an Editor, a producer and a DP". I use these terms lightly because I DO NOT (and I stress this), do not feel I am.


I have friends that are editors and actors and I have a greater respect for what they do. Not having done this before, it is a lot of trial and error. Lots of error. Writing a treatment, a script and knowing your angles. It is exhausting and can be frustrating.


I'm not sure how those in the industry will receive the video once it is released but I am proud of it. Not having the school, the teaching of what I should do, I think it has turned out pretty good.


Through out the video, I used multiple lenses and tried as many angles I could, but going through the clips, I knew there was a few things I missed. SO we are working with what we have. Trying to find the best.


Here is a still shot, from the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment