Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Growing up; Mercedes

This is one of the photos I've recently shot of Mercedes. I have had the pleasure of watching her grow up through my lens. Since she was 8 we have been taking photos together. Now a teenager, starting highschool.

Beautiful girl, but definitely a teenager which is perfectly normal, we were all there at one point in our lives.

The funny thing is, and I always have to ask my mom how I was because in my mind, I was the perfect daughter and never did anything wrong, BUT I now know that is not true.

High school was a blur, filled with art class, choir and friends. I was not one of the cool kids. I was average. Everyone knew me because of the camera I carried for yearbook. (it was my moms camera). I didn't buy "a pro camera" until college. I shot with an old Minolta, fully manual camera until my junior year in college. I knew and loved that camera. Unfortunately, I didn't keep it. I now wish I had.

If someone asked if I would want to do high school over again, it would be a big "NO". I had fun, but to go back to the angst, the decisions of which college I wanted to go to, of being a teenager...I'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment