Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Passion

There are a few things I have discovered about myself as I go through life. I love photography and I really do love teaching someone photography.

Last weekend, I took my friends daughter and two of her friends to Santa Barbara for a photo outing. It gave myself and her a chance to get out of LA and photograph what we saw. It was a rainy and gray day in La and Santa Barbara was gorgeous and a perfect fall day.

I had been to Santa Barbara once and had vowed at that point to go back when I could drive around and capture what I saw. This is one of the images below, I still have some editing to do but worked on one image thus far.


I took them to one of the SB's local landmarks and we traveled down to the pier and walked around. The Courthouse, Designed by William Mooser III, the Spanish-Moorish style building was completed in 1929, after the 1925 earthquake ruined much of the city. It occupies a square block in downtown Santa Barbara. The benefit, it's a free tour, you can walk around the grounds and capture much of the building through images.


It was a short trip, all in all we spent around 5 hours traveling and walking around. The girls had a good time and it was great to get out of LA. Taking them home, I did discover that every Tuesday there is a farmers market at the mall, up the street from where we all live, so I'm going to be taking her again, just to get her out there to shoot. 




No comments:

Post a Comment